Tuesday 20 November 2012

Judith


This painting is called Judith and it was painted by the austrian symbolist painter Gustav Klimt. This is a symbol of the "femme fatale" the manipulative woman, her power is her beauty and sensuality.

With a couple of friends, I had to reproduce this painting at the school, and that was the first time I saw it. Obviously we didn´t even got closer to the original, but we made the attempt. That work obligated me to observe more carefully the little details of the painting.  Their gold paint applications, Then it started to like me.

Another painting that I like a lot is one of the impresionist Claude Monet, Le Bassin aux nymphéas, harmonie verte (The Waterlily Pond, green harmony). The last days of his life, while his sight was getting worst because of the cataracts, he made a serie of paintings of his own garden, where he had a beautiful estanque full of nenufares and crossed by a lovely japanesse bridge, wich is portrayed on this painting. I like the atmosphere of his paintings, join with the colours that he chose.


No comments:

Post a Comment